Thursday, March 26, 2009

You Excel In Things That You Like Doing

I personally experienced working on things which I am not good at. Obviously I started by studying, learning, and training thru ebooks, audios, video, coaching and much more. Of course there are a lot of ways to learn and develop ourselves. After learning, the application now comes in. Guess what? I had some personal improvements but that did not made me a specialists in that field. Though I made myself much better, I still realized that I lack something, "Interest"!



During the last number of years, I have observed that people excel not just by studying and training but by their interests. It may seem strange but I met a lot of people who really excel in what they do without further training. Designing for example, I have lots of colleagues which became good designers even though the designing packages we have now did not exist. Most of them started doing designs hand in hand, and guess what? They became popular in their chosen field.



With regards to internet marketing, I believe it is the same. We can all study special topics and train ourselves on online marketing from those videos, audios, eBooks and coaching programs that are sold. But if you lack true interest on doing business online, then probably you won't achieve success.



The Interest is not just about earning money but it rather depends on why you want to succeed online. From what I experienced, I succeeded online because I love what I'm doing and believe that everything I do is worth my time. I never get tired even if I am spending most of my time on my websites. Instead of thinking of tiredness and wasted effort, my mind is focused about the results in the future.



Look at those successful bloggers, they started without having visitors everyday but still they continued blogging because that's is where their heart beats. Seth Godin, The Problogger, Copy Blogger etc, they do blogging as a lifestyle, not as a job and business. In return, they don't get tired, thus making them one of the successful bloggers online.



If you are about to start online, make sure you have an interest in what you plan to do, if you don't have, then think twice!





Richard Butler is a successful online business coach and runs a number of sites including:

http://www.coachingfundamentals.com

http://itsonlyajob.com

http://richardbutlerthesuccesscoach.com





No comments:

Post a Comment